Asphalt Paving

Asphalt Paving

What is Asphalt Paving?

Asphalt Raking

Asphalt Paving is the process of placing Hot mix asphalt and compacting. Simple right? Well, it's a bit more complicated than just that. HMA (Hot Mix Asphalt) is a product composed of 4 major components. 95% of HMA is Sand, Gravel, and/or Stone Dust. The remaining 5% is Asphaltic Cement. The viscous black liquid that bonds everything together. There are many different grades of Asphalt Pavement mixtures which all have different purposes. Some asphalt mixtures, commonly known as BASE COURSE have larger granules of gravel to create a stronger mix which will then be overlayed with SURFACE COURSE asphalt. SURFACE COURSE will have similar attributes as BASE COURSE but will have smaller granules of gravel to create a smooth watertight surface for the top of the pavement. In between those 2 basic mixes are thousands of others. Some will be very coarse to allow water to flow through to an underground drainage system and others will be very fine and sticky to create structures such as asphalt curbs.

Once an approved design mixture has been determined, that's where the real PAVING begins. Asphalt is hauled in Trucks, sometimes trailers, to the job site at about 310 degrees F. Once the asphalt gets to the destinations, The truck backs up to the paving machine and raises the body to allow the new HMA to flow into the paving machine. The paving machine utilizes conveyors and augers to move the new material to its final destination. Asphalt moves from the HOPPER of the machine back to the rear where it is placed evenly by the SCREED of the paving machine.

Lane Way Paving
Asphalt Base Install
Parking Lot Paving

Let's work together

If you have a project in mind, get in contact with us today! When it comes to quality, we are the first you should call. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

D&H Asphalt Paving, LLC
222 Archertown Rd.
New Egypt, NJ 08533
Phone: 609-758-7283

Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.
Copyright 2020 - D&H Asphalt Paving, LLC